Osteoarthritis is a common joint disease often referred to as "wear and tear" of the joints affecting the entire joint and its components. The wear-and-tear can not be cured but only managed with drugs to relieve pain and swelling and/or surgery. However, there are some simple things that you can follow to manage your condition better. These are as follows:
- Position and support your neck and back while sitting or sleeping.
- Adjust furniture, such as raising a chair or toilet seat.
- Avoid repeated motions of the joint, especially frequent bending.
- Maintain a healthy body weight. This can reduce pain and slow progression of arthritis
- Exercise each day as much as and as safely as you can